How to Reset Engine Control Unit (ECU) on Nissan Armada – Nissan Armada is the Nissan’s full-size SUV. It shares its bowl-on-frame F-Alpha platform with the Nissan Titan pickup, Nissan Xterra SUV, Nissan Frontier pickup and Pathfinder SUV Nissan. A luxury version of the Armada as the Infiniti QX56 sales from 2004 to 2010, after which it is converted to a platform based on the Nissan Patrol. All Armadas are currently built in Canton, Mississippi, USA.
Facilities include, among other things ESP and airbags for all three rows of seats. The tailgate can be opened electrically and releases the maximum of 2574 liters trunk free. Inside the vehicle an automatic climate control for the front rows is available. For the rear seats, there is a DVD entertainment system, the screen is located in the roof. There is also a Keyless Go system, a hard drive navigation system with voice control and touch screen, a reversing camera and electrically adjustable pedals and seats.
How to Reset Engine Control Unit (ECU) on 2004-2015 Nissan Armada:
If you want to turn off or clear the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Nissan Armada, perform the following procedures within the specify time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
- At this point the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 second.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminates when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This procedure should be work on all generation of Nissan Armada (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) models. Hopefully the article of How to Reset Engine Control Unit (ECU) on Nissan Armada usefull for you. Good Luck!