Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2002-2009 Nissan 350Z – The Nissan 350Z, Nissan Fairlady Z also called in some countries, is a sports car the Japanese automaker Nissan since the late 2002 to 2009. It was replaced by the Nissan 370Z. It is a two-seater with front longitudinal mid-engine and rear wheel drive, available in coupe and convertible body styles, and manual gearboxes six-speed automatic and five-speed. Some of their rivals are Alfa Romeo Brera, Audi TT, BMW Z4, the Mazda RX-8, the Honda S2000 and Mercedes-Benz SLK. The 350Z uses the same platform as several cars and SUVs Infiniti: Infiniti G, Infiniti M and Infiniti FX.
Initially, the only engine is a 6-cylinder gasoline V and four valves per cylinder, called VQ35DE. At launch, it is developing a maximum power of 287 hp (214 kW), which was then increased to 301 hp (224 kW) by sacrificing a little low in the car and earning more cutting speed. From January 2007, the 350Z carries a modified version of that engine, called VQ35HR and enhanced to 313 hp (228 kW) and 365 Nm of torque which can be easily distinguished by a double line of admission. With this modification, the acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h is achieved in 5.7 seconds, two tenths less than before.
How to Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2002-2009 Nissan 350Z:
If you want to turn off or clear the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 Nissan 350Z, perform the following procedures within the specify time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
- At this point the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 second.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminates when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This procedure should be work on all generation of Nissan 350Z (2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009) models. Hopefully the article of Reset ECU Check Engine Light on 2002-2009 Nissan 350Z usefull for you. Good Luck!