Clearing Check Engine (ECU) Warning Light on Nissan Altima – New 2014 Nissan Altima Coupe. This car was launched in the US in mid 2014. New Nissan Altima is the favorite to compete with car sedan in its class: New Mazda and New Toyota Camry. There are many improvements and upgrades made by Nissan on the car’s four-door sedan. There are two engine choices for the Nissan Altima sedan is the latest 4-cylinder engine capacity of 2,500 cc of producing 182 hp.
The last choice is the engine capacity of 3500 cc V6-powered 270 hp. Both engines are accompanied by the latest CVT transmission capable of reducing internal friction by 40% compared to the previous generation. Nissan Altima fuel consumption as well as of economical with the latest technology. Of course, very powerful and convenient is not it? With facilities like this must have been taken into account by the Nissan cars in order to compete with its competitors.
How to Clearing Check Engine (ECU) Warning Light on Nissan Altima:
If you want to turn off or reset the Check Engine Light / ECU light in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Nissan Altima, perform the following procedures within the specify time! Because timing is extremely critical.
- Turn the ignition key to position “ON” without starting the engine and wait 3 seconds.
- Fully press and release the accelerator pedal five times within 5 seconds.
- Wait 7 seconds
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and hold for ten seconds. until the CEL starts blinking.
- At this point the light CEL should start flashing error code stored in the system and you can release the pedal. If you only get five flashes slowly or not flashing at all, then it is time You went on one of the above steps and you have to start from scratch.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking) and wait about 10 second.
- Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
- Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
- Turn the ignition off and start the engine to verify the indicator has been reset.
For more details, please watch the following video:
Note: Repeat the process, if the lights still illuminates when you start the engine. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU. This procedure should be work on all generation of Nissan Altima (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016) models. Hopefully the article of Clearing Check Engine (ECU) Warning Light on Nissan Altima usefull for you. Good Luck!